Text

Enter your email id here for an update every time I post on my Blog.

Sunday 12 February 2012

A New Beginning

I look towards the setting sun
As it magnificently descends
Wipe a tear, off my cheek
So this is how it ends.

Broken and defeated
Miserable and alone
Crouching in the shadows
No one to call my own.

Living in the past
The present looms so dark
But the future is, what's truly terrifying
A blank page, not a single mark.

What do I do? Who do I blame?
Where do I go from here?
At every step, at every turn
Lurks my worst fear.

I walk alone, on the path I chose
I blindly stumble along
Is this what I once truly wanted?
Somehow, it feels so wrong.

I dreamt of a heaven, of a paradise
A life that I loved to live
Free of the evils that plagued my mind
No sins left to forgive.

But what did I get? My own little hell
The demon within me stirs
The line between right and wrong
Once clear, now it blurs.

How did I end up where I stand right now?
Why do I feel less alive than dead?
How am I supposed to see what's unseen?
And hear what's been left unsaid?

Its time to give up
Its time to say goodbye
Its time to embrace the truth
Cause its my time to die.

I head towards the light
The coldness seeps into each bone
But then I hear a faint, pleading voice
One long forgotten but which I had once known.

It was the voice of reason
It was my inner voice
And suddenly, the doubt was gone
I always have a choice.

Do what you love, love what you do
My life is mine to live
Hate may eat me up from within
But I still have love to give.

Its time to get back up
Its time to try once more
Its time to reclaim, my own life back
Its time to settle the score.

I have to prove them wrong
Fight till the fear is gone
Accepting defeat is no longer an option
I'll endure and I will go on.

I may feel weak and beaten
But I won't give up without a fight
For in the end, I know in my heart
Everything will be alright.

I look towards the rising sun
Beyond what I can comprehend
Its time for a new beginning
Or is it just another end?

1 comment:

  1. Truly good stuff. I normally don't like modern day poetry as I find it too obscure or It just goes over my head. But Salil I found your poems really touch a cord. You have great talent to express delicate feelings in simple language. Great work. keep it up. God bless.

    ReplyDelete