Text

Enter your email id here for an update every time I post on my Blog.

Thursday 21 August 2014

Dream

I dreamt a dream the other night
That showed the end was near,
And in my dream's own private light
My nightmares froze with fear.

Convulsing, contorting, under the sheets
pulling at the seams,
Trying to escape my mental prison
Of my dreams within my dreams.

I passed a sky of blackness
And then a blood-red sea,
And then the fields of gray stretched out
Beyond infinity.

And a thousand fires raged
Fed by anger and by hate,
And a thousand wars were waged
As I neared the judgment day.

And as that fateful day, it dawned
I resigned myself to fact,
The world erupted around me
And I was powerless to act.

I tried to run, I tried to hide
I shouted and I screamed,
And wished that I had never dreamt
The dream I dreamt I dreamed. 

2 comments:

  1. I love poetry and that is one of the most beautiful poem, i have ever read.

    ReplyDelete